Securing Canadian Student Visa With Immigration Lawyer | GoldmanApplying for a Canadian student visa can be a tedious and confusing process, but it shouldn’t deter you from pursuing your desired program of study. By hiring an immigration lawyer, you get the clarity you need for a less stressful application process and a better chance of success.

An immigration lawyer is an excellent resource who can expertly guide you along every step of the way so you can avoid wasting time and money.

An immigration lawyer will help you to:

Choose the Study Program that will Increase your Chances of Success

You will need to explain to the immigration officer why you are studying your chosen program and why you want to study in Canada. It helps to consult with an experienced immigration lawyer who can advise you which education programs will fit your situation to increase your chances of getting your study permit.

Determine your eligibility

As a prospective student, you’ll be considered for a Canadian student visa if you’ve received a letter of acceptance from a designated college, university or other educational institution in Canada.

You’ll need to demonstrate that you’re able to pay for tuition fees, accommodations, and return transportation from Canada for yourself and any accompanying family members.

In some cases, your eligibility is also dependent on your medical reports proving that you’re in good health. Finally, you must clearly indicate your intention to leave Canada when the student visa expires.

Apply for a work permit while you are studying and after you have graduated

You are usually allowed to work part-time while you are studying and full-time when classes are not in session.

Perhaps you’ll be interested in working as part of an educational program. An immigration lawyer may recommend that you apply for a work permit if your program of study includes a co-op or internship.

An immigration lawyer can also help you apply for a work permit after graduation. This is called a post-graduate work permit.

Extend or renew your study permit

If you want to study in Canada longer than your permit allows, you may apply for an extension. An immigration lawyer will compile the relevant documents to support the application.

Apply for restoration and maintenance of student status

Students may lose their status in some situations.

If you lose your student status, you may often apply to restore it within 90 days. An immigration lawyer can help you make a strong case for why your student status should be restored and/or maintain your status while your application is in process.

An Immigration lawyer in Vancouver

If you are searching for an immigration lawyer in Vancouver, contact us at Goldman Associates. Our experienced immigration lawyer can work on your behalf to ensure that you make a smooth transition as a student in Canada. Give us a call today to schedule a consultation.